Family & Media
REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF NOISE HEARD IN OTHER ROOMS
As well-loved and well-used rooms of your home, family/media rooms are high traffic areas, resulting in higher noise levels that potentially disturb others in nearby rooms. Installing a GIB Noise Control® System can minimise such noise levels.
As rooms that generally cater for greater numbers of people, you can create a greater sense of space and pleasing proportions by increasing the ceiling height.
Download our checklists for your new build or renovation project and use them when discussing your options with your builder or architect.
Tips for your project
- The best time to install a properly sound-controlled media room is when you're building a new home. To reduce noise from these rooms disturbing people in other rooms, install a GIB Noise Control® System.
- Increase the size of your family/media room simply by adding 300mm to your ceiling height.
- If you are renovating, first remove the old linings. Use this as an opportunity to install insulation and add or relocate power points.
- Check the condition of plumbing and framing.
- For new or existing homes, we strongly recommend installing smoke detectors.