KEEP YOUR LAUNDRY CLEAN BY AVOIDING MOULD, MILDEW, SOGGY AND FLAKY LININGS
Steam and moisture damage protection is a key consideration for your laundry, as is noise control depending on its location.
The laundry is often found in the garage in modern houses, but for others it’s incorporated into the home. Either way, it can become a hotbed of mould, mildew, soggy linings and flaking paint. The GIB® Wet Area System, a combination of design, heating, ventilation and purpose-designed materials, prevents this happening by maintaining the ideal environment.
Depending on its location, you may also want to install a GIB Noise Control® System, a combination of products and building practices that work together to reduce (not eliminate) noise. It works by trying to stop sound waves or vibrations from passing through walls, ceilings, windows or doors.
Download our checklist for your new build or renovation project and use it when discussing your options with your builder or architect.
Tips for your project
- Install a GIB Aqualine® Wet Area System for protection against steam and moisture damage.
- To reduce noise from the laundry, install a GIB Noise Control® System
- When building, make provisions for wall mounting the dryer and ensure plumbing is as far away as possible from quiet areas. For example, place plumbing in the exterior walls.
- If you're renovating, first remove the old linings. This is a great opportunity to add comfort by installing insulation and convenience by adding or relocating power points.
- Check the condition of plumbing and framing.
- For new or existing homes, we strongly recommend installing smoke detectors.